About this Product
The Smart WiFi is a compact WiFi hotspot device designed to help all indoor venue owners (e.g. dormitories, coffee shops, retail stores, chain shops) provide their visitors an immediate self-service WiFi Internet service.
The device is plug-&-play and easy to install. And the owner can define the WiFi Internet service charge.
The end user just needs 2 steps - tap the smart phone on the scan area of device, connect the WiFi SSID to get the specific WiFi Internet service duration after he/she pays cash to the owner.
The end user can also ask the owner a voucher code for daily /weekly/monthly Internet service usage after he/she pays the cost. The voucher codes can be easily acquired by the owner via his smartphone. With the optional thermal printer, the owner can directly print account vouchers. After the end user buys an account voucher, he/she can enter the voucher code in the login page on any PC or WiFi-enabled device, and then access Internet through the Smart WiFi.
The tapping-for-wifi feature offers much easier operation. It will greatly help the owner to foil WiFi-squatters, especially in public locations like restaurants, hotel halls, bars, coffee shops…
- Offer taping-for-wifi service for temporary users, and voucher code login for long-term users;
- Provide WiFi signal range at 100 meters (outdoor) / 30 meters (indoor);
- Support online metering;
- Provide user-friendly pop-up instruction page to tell end users how to get WiFi service;
- Provide real-time information of online duration and traffic to ensure end user’s benefits;
- Offer web-based Network Management System (NMS) to manage 1000 sets of online device and provide exportable statistics reports (optional).
- No inquiry, no username, and no password is required; just tap the phone and get WiFi
- Simple operation via webpage to help the operator perform routine operation, and print account voucher, even without computers or experienced technician (optional feature);
- Plug-&-Play: only AC power supply and Internet cable connection are required; no local configuration is needed;
- Support roaming between chain stores with the same account (optional);
- Support 50 concurrent users.
- Venue owners can get extra revenue by providing WiFi service and attract more visitors which is good for his original businessy;
- Venue owners can display advertisements for their products on the login page for better promotion, or show ads for other shops to get income;
- Travelers can get quick and cheap Internet access without paying expensive charge for data roaming or new SIM card;
- Via stable and fast WiFi connection, visitors can watch video or even live show, or use high-speed VPN to connect enterprise network from any WiFi-enabled laptop, PDA, smart mobile phone, or handheld device.
- Long-stay place: dormitories, apartments, hotels, hospitals;
- Crowed public place: stations, food centers, restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, lounge bars, Karaoke bars, beauty salons, chain shops, lobby of banks/hotels;
- Sports area and recreation centers, like bowling, billiards;
- Tourism place: international airports, beaches, parks, swimming pools, exhibition and convention sites.
WiFi Operation Range
Radius up to 100 meters (outdoor) / 30 meters (indoor)
- External adaptor (input: 100~240 VAC, 50/60 Hz / output: 12VDC, 1A)
- Power consumption: 7 watts
Thermal Printer (Optional)
- Mechanical Lifespan: Paper length of 50 km
- Print Speed: 60 mm/s
- Supported Paper: width - 57.5±0.5 mm / roll diameter – Φ65mm
- Dimensions: 205mm X 125mm X 92mm
- Weight: 0.74kg
- Power supply: external power adapter AC110/220V 50~60Hz to DC12V/3A
Supported Device for Tapping
Any WiFi-enabled mobile phone, tablet, laptop, PSP, PDA, etc.
Remote Management via NMS (optional)
- Setting of WiFi name and data speed limit
- Offer voucher codes for long-term wifi service
- Usage records of WiFi Internet service
- Supervision on running status of each machine
WiFi Frequency Range
BAND 2.412 to 2.484 GHz (and 5.150 to 5.875 GHz, optional)
Supported 4G Frequency Bands (optional)
LTE FDD: DD800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
Supported Max. 4G Data Speed (optional)
LTE FDD: Cat4 Download: 150Mbps / Upload: 50Mbps @20M BW
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN
- Zero end-user configurations
Built-in user authentication and accounting
- Temperature: 5°C to 45°C (operation) / -10°C to 60°C (storage)
- Humidity: 10% ~ 85% non-condensing
- Housing Material: ABS plastic
- WAN Interface: 1x RJ45 port, or external 4G USB modem (optional)
- LAN Interface: 4x RJ45 port
- Antennas: 1x WiFi (built-in)
- USB Interface: for thermal printer and/or 4G USB modem
- Dimensions: 113mm X 138mm X 29mm
- Weight: 0.3 kg
- Packing Dimensions: 260mm x 150mm x 50 mm (not including printer)
- Packing Weight: 1 kg (not including printer)
- How many user’s device can connect to the Smart WiFi at the same time?
Usually we suggest 20 to 30 users connected to the Smart WiFi at the same time, because more users will lower the average data speed and affect end user's experience.
- What is the best bandwidth of Internet access shall I prepare for the Smart WiFi?
We suggest the bandwidth of Internet connection is 4 to 20 Mbps per unit for optimal use.
- Can I change the SSID and WiFi service time/data limit, and check the revenue records?
If you need to change these settings by yourself, please contact our sales to purchase the NMS (network management system).
- What is the WiFi signal range of Smart WiFi? Can I extend it via external antenna?
It’s around 100 meters (outdoor) / 30 meters (indoor) and will vary with actual installation environment. This machine doesn't support connnecting external antennas. You can connect one or more units of access point (AP) to extend its range.